Gerês Tour – Waterfalls & Mountains Peneda-Gerês National Park Tours
For those who travel there is never enough time to discover all there is and get to see the best, so we created the Gerês Tour – Waterfalls and mountains to introduce to you one of the most beautiful, wild and natural landscapes in Portugal, Geres national park. In this way, in a single day, you can make the most of nature, culture and the locals of the Peneda-Gerês National Park. This includes several different activities which will lead you along mountains, rivers, waterfalls and magnificent settings.
The hikes are made up of short walks and transport in a four wheel drive making the area accessible to all without extreme exertion. The hikes consist of
- Explore the Peneda-Gerês National Park in a 4×4 and on foot
- Short and easy walks, accessible to anyone, in different locations of great scenic and natural value.
- Observation and interpretation of the flora and the fauna of the National Park.
- Lunch – Typical traditional lunch
- Explore rivers and natural waterfalls of the Peneda-Gerês National Park and, if the weather is fine, swimming across and dive into its incredible lagoons (Arado River, Arado Falls and Fecha das Barjas – Taithi Falls)
- Find out the best viewpoints and explore the surroundings.
- Visit local villages
- Learn traditions
- Pick up at hotel or at a location of your choice – starting point at Braga, Porto or Guimarães – in a 4×4
|Prices||1/2 Day(*)||Full Day (*)||Full Day W/pick up (**)|
|+4 Persons||35€ P/P||60€ P/P||95€ P/P|
|2 a 3 Persons||45€ P/Person||75€ P/Person||125€ P/Person|
(*) “pick up” to 15 km from Gerês
(**) “pick up” at Porto, Guimarães or Braga. For others locations contact us
Included – Lunch (full day tours); Specialized tour guide; Personal accident insurance; Transport service in a 4×4; Pick up (8:30) Drop off (19:30 approx.) – Full day tours from Porto, Guimarães and Braga, taxes.
In addition to the natural heritage of the Peneda-Gerês National Park, the northern region of Portugal has places with cultures and traditions of their on, which are a must-see.
We invite you to visit villages lost in time to find out monuments with hundreds of years history. Convents, monasteries, roads and Roman bridges are also part of this Narional Park, which we will rediscover together. You will also be introduced to the typical local gastronomy
Get to know
- Villages of the Peneda-Gerês National Park in a 4×4.
- Pitões de Júnias Monastery, built in the 9th century, set in a beautiful valley.
- Pitões de Júnias, the highest inhabited village in Portugal.
- Lunch – typical food.
- Communal ovens.
- S. João da Fraga.
- Tourém village, a Portuguese village surrounded by Spanish territory
- Natural warm water pools.
- Geira, former Roman road connecting Braga (Portugal) to Astorga (Spain)
- Vilarinho das furnas
- Pick up at hotels or at location of your choice – Starting point at Braga, Porto or Guimarães – in 4×4