IN THE CITY OF WATER
Meliá Ria is situated right in the heart of Aveiro for you to immerse yourself fully in its beauty. Don’t miss out on its fabulous Health Club, with its indoor pool, or the wonderful beaches nearby.
Aveiro is a Portuguese city, and capital of the municipality of Aveiro, in the Centro Region and sub region of Baixo Vouga. It is located 55 km north of Coímbra and has nearly 60,000 inhabitants, almost 80,000 if you include the urban parishes. The city is also known as the “Venice of Portugal”, due to its system of canals that cross the city centre, which adds to its charm and beauty. Enjoy the old quarter of “Beira Mar”, with its traditional Ria houses and salt warehouses. The city remains one of Portugal’s “hidden gems”; a place where urban sophistication and modernity meet and merge with a unique marine environment which is interrupted by the lively university life, making this city a treat for visitors at any time of the year.
Aveiro is less than one hour from Porto airport
The Meliá Ria provides 128 modern, contemporary and bright rooms, all outward facing and luxuriously equipped
- DESCRIPTION: Relax in our Lobby Bar and enjoy a wide variety of drinks, cocktails, long dinks, Oporto wines, as well as sandwiches, soups, salads and desserts
- TYPE OF CUISINE: Tapas & Snack
- ATMOSPHERE: Elegant, fresh and sophisticated
- OPENING TIMES: 10am to 1am
DO LAGO RESTAURANT
- DESCRIPTION: A la carte restaurant serving international cuisine and Portuguese specialities with surprising modern touches. Choose from starters, soups, egg and pasta dishes, fish and meat dishes, Portuguese specialties (monkfish rice with prawns, cataplana of Iberian pork and clams, cataplana of fish and shellfish) and delicious desserts
- KIDS’ MENU: Special dishes for children
- TYPE OF CUISINE: International and Portuguese
- HIGHLIGHT: Set menu of the day (with soup /starter, main dish and dessert) and chef’s suggestions with “fast food” options
- NOTE: Special “Cuisine for everyone” menu for vegetarians, lactose intolerant guests, guests that need a gluten free diet, diabetics…
- ATMOSPHERE: Welcoming, modern, and bright with spectacular views of the Ría
- OPENING TIMES: Lunch (12:30pm to 3pm) / Dinner (7:30pm to 11pm)
WONDERFUL INTERNATIONAL BREAKFAST BUFFET
- DESCRIPTION: With a wide choice of cakes and pastries; seasonal, freshly prepared and cut fruit; selection of cold meats and cheeses; hot zone with eggs to order, bacon, sausages (…); bread station, different olive oils, cereals, yoghurts, different juices, drinks zone (skimmed milk, whole fat milk, sparkling gas, still water)
- TYPE OF CUISINE: International with regional specialties (cream cakes)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Spectacular views of the Ría
- LOCATION: do Lago Restaurant (ground floor)
- ATMOSPHERE: Welcoming, bright and modern
- OPENING TIMES: Monday to Friday (7am to 10am) / Weekends and bank holidays (7am to 10:30am)
SPA / HEALTH CLUB
The Meliá Ria has complete Spa with a Vichy shower, jet spa and a wide choice of treatments and massages. There is also a Health Club with heated pool, Turkish bath, sauna and a fully equipped gym.
Take care of your body and mind as you unwind in the relax area enjoying a delicious juice or herbal tea. Enter our fantastic Spa and Health Club and discover a new concept of wellbeing.
- Hotel suitable for disabled guests
- Spectacular and modern hall with different spaces
- Different dining spaces: do Lago restaurant/ Lobby Bar
- Spa with Vichy shower, jet spa, massages and beauty treatments
- Health Club with indoor pool, sauna, Turkish bath and fully equipped gym
- Business hotel measuring 980 m2 with 10 meeting rooms, all with natural light, and a maximum capacity for up to 260 people
- Garage for 38 vehicles (*)
- Private parking (*) with free electric charging station for guests (upon availability)
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
If you are looking to hold a meeting or event in a unique atmosphere, come and discover our modern and stunning business hotel in the center of Aveiro. Our long and extensive experience in organizing congresses and events have made our business hotel an important headquarters for the business, financial, cultural and social worlds.
Call 00351 938328865