Quite a beautiful square in Santarém, some would say one of the most beautiful.
The square dates from the 17th century and is built in Jesuit baroque style.
In the center is the statue of Marquis Sá da Bandeira, the founder of what we now know as the army school. The square is bordered by interesting historical buildings such as the Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Piedade (church) founded in 1664 by Dom Afonso VI in a reminiscent renaissance style.
The square is historically important, visually impressive and a very pleasant place to have a coffee or a break.