With a capacity of up to 1000pax with smaller rooms for smaller events, the Palácio de Xabregas is truly an emblematic space for meetings, congress and gala in Lisbon center.
This private palace, one of the few still existing in Lisbon, was built between the end of the 17th century and the beginning of the 18th century on the old houses that Tristão da Cunha owned in Xabregas. Between the 15th and 19th centuries, this region was a place of palaces, recreational farms and large convents in the city of Lisbon, which, due to its location next to the Tagus River, allowed a quick and comfortable journey to the city center as well as to the south and interior of the country.
This important navigator was known for leading the great embassy of King Dom Manuel I to Pope Leo X. The Palace of Xabregas was also the residence of several illustrious figures in the history of Portugal such as Queen D. Leonor, the Monteiro-Mor do Reino and finally the Marquises of Olhão, name by which this palace is also known. In the 17th century, when it was in the possession of the Melo, the Monteiro-Mor of the Kingdom, this palace was the scene of several meetings of the conspirators who restored the Independence of Portugal in 1640.
In this imposing architectural complex in Mannerist style, which largely resisted the earthquake of 1755, decorative arts such as tiles from the second half of the 17th century and the first half of the 18th century, and mural painting from the first and second half of the 19th century stand out, making this palace a unique example of its kind.
The palace can host up to 1000 pax for congress, buffet, and cocktail and 650 seated guests.
The rentable palace spaces consist of large dining rooms, resting areas, a ballroom, and a reception room connected to a very large covered terrace. All lavishly decorated rooms are interconnected as was the habit in palaces of the period.